When you experience sleep difficulties that impact your ability to fall asleep, stay asleep or get good quality sleep, it does more than make you feel tired. It can affect your physical and mental health, impacting your quality of life. Sleep disorders can range from insomnia, the most common sleep disorder that disrupts your normal sleep patterns, to restless leg syndrome or sleep apnea.
Manitoba Blue Cross’s sleep assessment helps you determine what your sleep difficulties may be and, based on your responses, the recommendations on how you can address them.
Get support and take control of your sleep today!
It takes about 5-10 minutes to complete the full assessment.
Depending on the cause of the sleep disorder you are experiencing, the following may be recommended:
• Sleep hygiene and other lifestyle changes, such as a healthy diet and exercise.
• Treatment for a preexisting or co-occurring medical condition.
• Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) or relaxation techniques.
• Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine or dental appliances.
• Medication or natural products as prescribed by your physician.
Some costs may be associated with the recommended treatment plans, which may be claimable under your group or personal health benefits plan, health spending account or wellness spending account. Some costs may also be an eligible medical expense you can claim on your income tax return.
No problem! If you’re not ready to take the sleep assessment, you can find additional resources and information about proper sleep hygiene that can help you improve your sleep habits here.